October 27, 2006
Nothing wrong with stereotyping desis, but here are some gems (this is some weekend bakwaas that we had discussed about here, after we ran out of all the possible topics.. including naming Madonna’s new adopted baby: Rahul or Chris?):
- Indians are bad in bed: ahem, isnt that good, else we would have overtaken China long back..
- Bindis, or red dots are symbols for married women: they are the emergency stop buttons to stop a blabering desi female.. nope! even guys have modified versions of bindis, and it comes in various colors (Asian paints? mera wala red!). It is just to signify that the atma resides at that place.
- “Oh, nice meeting you.. so are you (also) into computers?” and I go: “yeah, if you want to reach me, call 1-800-DELL and ask for Pavan to get 15% discount.. and I whould be your (tech) support for the night..”
- Myth: You people are so good at numbers, my answer: hmmn, let me tell you a secret.. I dont own a computer.. I keep a bunch of desis in my basement who store the 0’s and 1’s *wink*
- You guys are so shy.. my answer: nope, we have the introvert desis and the extrovert desis.. the introverts are the ones looking at their own feet and the extroverts look at your feet! but seriously, no, though many might be, we do have many over-enthu-extro-maniacs as well
- You are all into arranged marriages, arent you? my answer: do we have a choice? refer to myth#1
- Why do you guys eat with hand? Is that a religion or something? nope, we know where our hands have been.. we are that sure.. so why do you use spoon/fork again?
- Guys in India seem to be like in a fraternity, but lil over the limits: I have seen pics of guys holding hands, with hands over other’s shoulders, etc. eeeks! are they gays? nope, that is a trick! we photoshop those pics and put a hot female’s face instead of the other guy.. you just happened to see the wrong pic.
Hope this has scared you enough. Boo! Happy Halloween!