September 5, 2006
This winter is almost approaching, atleast in this part of the land. So, why the cribbing?
- Waking up early in the morning becomes tough.
- short/skimpy clothes not seen till next summer, sigh!
- Couples keep themselves warm by holding hands, and what not (as if they are on honeymoon dammit), making singles go grrrr.., and singles keep themselves warm by drinking coffee! Some chase car-exhausts to keep themselves warm while I prefer staying in the microwave oven.
- Eveybody looks fatter and gain a few pounds (thanks to layered clothing). Everybody is dressed up like an Eskimo.
- Poeple stink! I mean, so what if it is a chilly morning? Please take bath. For others’ sake.
- The city looks as if washed with Surf Excel (when it snows). The weather is gloomy, as if all are mourning for something. The Sun comes out reluctantly at 10 am and then vanishes before I can say “wow, sunlight atlast!”.
- People put anti-freeze into their nostrils (ok, I made that up)
- Sweat is something nobody remembers. Headache due to cold is something that everybody suffers from. Everybody has a clown-like red nose, with Niagara falls coming from each nostril. Pee-breaks take up a laaarge portion of the day.
- One more reason to get lazy.. Gym? Oh it is sooo cold! Going out? c’mon, it gets darker by 6!
- Hibernating polar bears: this is what everyone becomes. Meat-eaters rejoice, and grazing animals like me have a tough(er) time.
California rocks. Damn you Californians!