May 1, 2006
Yeah that's how I pronounced advertisement in my childhood. Well, I tried! Now, Could I get some babba plz? err I mean water?
I was watching the GEICO commercial for the millionth time on TV, while waiting for my order at a Dallas restaurant. That made me think about the Indian ads' scene on telly.
Here goes my BEST ads list:
- Fevicol: Pidilite's Fevicol ad is one of the best and most creative I have seen (was the agency O&M?). Some of them are: Fisherman catching fish using Fevicol, politician not leaving his chair/position, etc.
- Amul's billboards/ads on TV, about the recent controversy/news/movie. No one could miss it.
- Hamara Bajaj: "Yeh zameen hai aasman. Hamara aaj, hamara kal.." That song is too good. And the Indian-ness shown was s-i-m-p-l-y wow. The Bajaj scooter is the Indian middle-class family mascot carrying more than 4 people and it isnt any circus feat. It is affordable, easy on maintenance, sturdy, and stylish too. I actually saw many Bajajs in US. –>Link for ad<–
- Titan watches: **Titan music** The father-daughter love, the mom-son love, the wife-husband love.. **tears rolling** need I say more? Clever clever.. when you mix emotions/feelings with something materialistic, it sells! Well, and they are durable and fashionable.
- I think this is Surf Excel's ad. It is better to watch than to read my bad commentary. Isnt it awwww^n cute?
- Pepsi's kid-becomes-mahout-using-Pepsi-as-bait ad. –>Link for ad<–
- Airtel new ad which I came across in Google vids. –>Link for ad<–
- "Doodh doodh dodh doodh, doodh hai wonderful pi sakte hain roz glassful" – National Dairy Board.
Some funny ones I can't forget for whatever reasons:
- "Munna kyun ro raha hai? Arey Gudwars do na" This line is repeated by 4 generations and finalllllllllly the baby gets fed with that gripe water.
- "Arey Raju, tumharey daat to moti jaise chamak rahey hain. Kyun na ho master-jee, mein Dabur laal dant manjan jo istemaal karta hoon". Dabur laal dant manjan.
- Kaam ke bojh ka maara? Ise chahiye Cinkaara. Hamdard ka tonic, Cinkara.
- We used this ad to tease a friend who was sitting silently or would not divulge a secret. "Bol sakhi bol tera raaz kya hai? mala-d hai iska raaz. Pehannay walee ya khaaney walee?" It was zillion years later I realised what it was used for. It is a chocolcate for women, right?
- VIP Bonus underwear: just because he wore that red undie, he could save that girl from goons, and she ahem falls in love with him on seeing him in his undie. VIP: be my man (she said so).
- Aaj mere paas paisa hai, gaadi hai, ghar hai.. tere paas kya hai? mere paas maa hai, aur Rupa kee baniyaan.
- MTV's take on it: agar sab Rupa ke baniyan aur undie pehnengey, to Rupa kya pehnegee?
MOST Bugging ads:
- If you watch desi movies here, you know what I am talking about: "Arey Chintu ko tum nahain jaante? Chintu candeeeee" or "Arey itney udaas kyun ho? turant fon uthao aur dial karo **sing** 99223311-somethingsomething- telefoooon telefooon" (Pak friendship line, not the 1-900 type I think, but still paid)
- All Coke ads
- Himani Navratna teil and Manickchand ads
BTW I am dying to see SRK's Lux ad. I want to see how funny it is (from what I heard). Anybody any links?